Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Top 5 Sources of Information

 When looking for accurate information regarding our country and the world's events, the source from which we seek this information plays a key role in its accuracy. I try to find at least one unbiased source so that whoever is providing the information isn't twisting the story based on their personal standpoint. I like to look at the facts, because I also don't want my information sugar-coated, or catered to a specific audience. 

The sources I use to find information aren't always unbiased, or seen as "reliable." For example, if I'm scrolling on social media and a post pops up about something going on, and it catches my attention, I will most likely go down a rabbit hole scrolling on that same platform to learn more about it.

Finding multiple sources is equally as important when seeking news. Multiple references give the reader varying perspectives, and some may highlight different parts of the story. 

Associated Press News: Breaking News, Latest Headlines and Videos | AP News

The Associated Press (AP) is a fantastic source for information. I find that AP gets straight to the point when I read an article. If I ever seek to broaden my knowledge on a topic happening in our world, AP is usually the first place I turn to.

Associated Press

BBC World News (TV Series 1997– ) - IMDb

BBC News is another excellent source that I turn to. I find that this source is great for when I want to know more about what is happening internationally. I've also used this source many times when completing schoolwork, such as citing it as a source or being assigned an article to read, so I'm familiar with the outlet. 

BBC News 

Accessing the New York Times | University of Nevada, Reno

I have started reading a little bit of The New York Times more recently. This is partially due to the fact that I play Wordle and Connections every day, which got me thinking that I may as well do a little bit of reading while I'm on the site. I feel like the articles I read do a great job of covering the stories in depth. So far, I haven't had any complaints!

The New York Times 

The Wall Street Journal: Now Wanted in Silicon Valley: Ho-Hum Businesses  With Thin Profit Margins | News

I don't typically turn to the Wall Street Journal first, but I do enjoy reading this source. My cousin actually studied journalism, and she recommended The Wall Street Journal to me. From what I know about it, it has strong investigative reporting.

The Wall Street Journal 

TikTok - Make Your Day

I can't lie, I do love TikTok. While not a source I would ever turn to to seek out news, I do learn a lot of information on there. Sometimes, I'll be scrolling, and a video will pop up with millions of views talking about something going on in our world. It may not be seen as reliable, but because it is such a fast-growing platform, it's hard not to see news posted there as well.

TikTok

No comments:

Post a Comment